an earl grey mousse recipe & 14 incredible birthday recipes
a white, soft, elegant and tasty earl grey mousse recipe, both in the whole milk and the dairy free version
Time to celebrate. It’s Lab Noon’s birthday party!
Saghar, a super talented blogger, photographer and cooker has been delighting us for 1 year now. And we are celebrating the food blogger’s way: cooking and sharing.
So, welcome to Lab Noon’s Virtual Birthday Party!
My contribution to the party is a delicate, sweet and fresh (it is so hot in Rome these days) Earl Grey Mousse recipe.
There are both the whole milk and the dairy free (for allergic/intolerant guests) recipes.
Happy Birthday Lab Noon!
- • 3 tablespoons of cow milk
- • ¼ cup of heavy cream
- • 2 tablespoons of confectionary sugar
- • 2 tea bags of earl grey
- • 2 egg whites
- • 1 pinch of salt
- Bring the milk to a boil, turn off the heat and infuse it with the tea bags for 5 minutes.
- Whip the cream to soft peaks. Add sugar and delicately mix.
- Beat the egg whites and the pinch of salt in the food processor until stiff.
- Mix together whipped cream and egg whites, stirring delicately with a rotatory/vertical movement.
- Add the milk, a tablespoon at the time, and stir delicately to incorporate it into the mousse.
- Place the final result in 2 individual cups or jars and refrigerate overnight.
- I decorated the earl grey tea mousse single cups with white chocolate star sprinkles!
- Bring the coconut & rice milk to a boil, turn off the heat and infuse it with the tea bags for 5 minutes. Add the coconut cream to the milk, mix and let chill, completely.
- Place the egg whites, the sugar and the pinch of salt in the mixer bowl and whisk until getting a firm, stiff meringue. Add the meringue to the tea cream, a tablespoon at the time, stirring delicately with a rotatory/vertical movement (use a soft whisk or a wood spoon). Make sure the meringue is completely amalgamated to the tea cream.
- Place the final result in 2 individual cups and refrigerate overnight.
- I decorated the earl grey tea mousse single cups with white chocolate star sprinkles and felt in love with them.
There are many other recipes from fellow food bloggers wishing Lab Noon a very very Happy Birthday, take a peek:
Lab Noon –Lab Noon’s Fruity Birthday Cake
Hortus Cuisine –Apricot Crostata with Rice Lemon Curd
Foodistan – Cherry Clafoutis (French & English)
Cocinayletras – Torta della nonna. Lab Noon’s Birthday (Eng-Ita)
Celeste Cucina – Ciambelline alla lavanda con glassa alle more
Foolproof Living – Summer Berry Tart
Mykitchenkiosk – Mini Chocolate Pavlovas with Blueberries
My daily sourdough bread – Sourdough Lemon Poppy Seed Bread Cake with Lemon Icing
La Panificatrice Folle – Syllabub ai Frutti di Bosco
Rustica Retro – Passionfruit Sponge
Vermilion Roots – Pandan Coconut Cake with Kaya
Gretchen Gretchen – Cooling Watermelon Cakes
Persian Foodie – Orange blossom Cupcakes
Want more? Don’t miss the last issue of the Gourmet Mag!