my shrimp burgers recipe with avocado mayo
Grilled shrimp burgers recipe with breadcrumbs, cilantro and olive oil. Served with creamy Avocado Mayo.
about the shrimp burgers recipe:
First: you can prepare and refrigerate (or freeze) the mixture, and use it when you get back from work, tired and wandering what to have for dinner.
Second: you won’t get complains, I sware.
Third: IF you have mayo leftovers, you’ll be thankful tomorrow, when you’ll spread it in your lunch break panino, or mix it to your salad.
Fourth: make a bunch, wrap them in plastic paper individually and have your 101 lazy weekend meal for the next month.
Fifth: just make them… you’ll have plenty reasons to add the fifth point 🙂
let’s begin with the avocado mayo recipe:
Here’s my avocado mayo recipe. I’m not a big fan of regular mayo, so it’s easy for me to say avocado mayo is way better. And even if it wasn’t (mayo fans), it is so healthy it is quite fair the substitution. Just a little cutting and blending and you get the best avocado mayo around. For your sandwiches, bowls, tacos, tortillas…
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ lemon or lime juiced
- ¼ garlic clove
- 1 bunch of basil or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Blend all the ingredients (diced), except avocado.
- Peel and slice the avocado and add it to the rest of the ingredients. Blend again.
- Tip: If blackens a little… no problem: stir it before serving , you will get that healthy green back.
- 9 oz (250 gr) peeled shrimps
- ¼ garlic clove
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of red pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 oz (50 gr) of breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (or parsley or basil ;-))
- 1.5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Coarsely chop shrimps. Mill together garlic, bread (or breadcrumbs) pepper and coriander.
- Place shrimps, egg, and the spicy breadcrumbs in a bowl, add salt and a teaspoon of oil. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes. Divide the dough in half and form two-four balls, cover them with foil and let rest in the refrigerator 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mayonnaise.
- Form patties and grill burgers: 3-4 minutes per side on a medium heat (add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to grease the skillet).
- Ready. Serve them on soft buns, or whole wheat bread. Add the avocado mayo, lettuce and pickles.