a kale pesto recipe & how to make golden milk paste
Italian pasta recipes: a healthy and simple kale pesto recipe with dried tomatoes, almonds, raisins and parsley.
about the moonlight project
The intent of the moonlight project is to better my sleep. Not that I have insomnia or anything, it has just become a lighter experience. I want to see if all the tips and info I have collected will work.
Do you know that wonderful sensation of waking up feeling energetic, vital and ready to go? That’s what I’m looking for.
The first thing I’ve tried is golden milk. A turmeric beverage to drink right before going to bed. I’m on day 3 and here’s what I can say of day 1 and day 2:
- 20 minutes after drinking my warm golden milk I fell super sleepy and went to bed between 10 and 11 (one-two hours before my average routine).
- I wake up agonizing for more sleep.
- I’ve been dreaming more intensely (might be a good sign).
Will see what happens next.
Here’s how I made a paste I can add to warmed coconut or almond milk to get golden milk in minutes.
- 6 teaspoons of coconut oil*
- 3 teaspoons of turmeric powder*
- 6 grinds of black pepper
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon powder*
- 6 teaspoons of raw organic honey*
- You only need to mix everything well. If lumpy, warm the coconut oil before mixing.
about the kale pesto recipe
I’ve also researched for foods that are sleep helpers, and I am cooking accordingly.
Magnesium seems to be the key.
A very rich in magnesium ingredient is kale. But almonds are in the top ten as well. So, I came up with an authentic Italian recipe: the almond and kale pesto.
- 2 big handfuls of kale (cleaned by removing stems)
- 4-6 dried tomatoes filets
- 2 teaspoons of raisins
- 1 handful of peeled almonds
- 1 handful of fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3-4 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil
- Blend all the ingredients (leave olive oil for last). Cook and season pasta (whole wheat is better).
enjoy your minutes-made kale pesto 😉