olive oil healthy pancakes recipe
Easy Italian recipes: olive oil pancakes
Sometimes you only need an ingredient to make simple recipes delicious and easy Italian recipes.
Extra-virgin olive oil is one of those Italian cuisine magic ingredients.
Substitute butter, make a few experiments and there you go: healthy Italian recipes ;-).
Afterwards, you can compensate the healthiness with a spoonful of Nutella to top your pancakes. Sounds like a good compromise to me!
Here’s the olive oil pancakes recipe, enjoy it!
- 1,4 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 teaspoons of brown cane sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of extra-virgin olive oil (plus more to grease the pan)
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch of ground nutmeg
- Milk (start with ½ cup)
- Maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients (except the maple syrup) in a bowl and mix. Add milk and mix until smooth.
- Heat a pan greased with a little olive oil. Pour a ladleful of mixture on the pan and bake over medium heat until you see small craters bubble out. Flip on the other side and cook until golden brown.
- Serve the pancakes hot seasoned with abundant maple syrup… or Nutella, just an idea.