burrata recipes: a burrata bruschetta with oven roasted tomatoes (and pansies)
delicious and easy burrata recipes: burrata bruschetta
Apart from cooking with fresh plants and teaching how, she also goes foraging! That’s something I’d love to learn.
I’m so wanting to participate to one of this walks.
Maybe in June.
I only need a partner, and it won’t be easy…
Anyone in Rome interested?
With the pansies from Piemonte Viviana gave me, I’ve been cooking and garnishing.
Those colors, those patterns. What a wonderful flower.
About the taste: it reminds me a little of roses, that soap-y aftertaste.
That’s probably why they’re usually part of the dessert world.
Still, I haven’t used them in sweet recipes. I’ve gone savory and I’ve done many Italian vegetarian recipes. Let’s say mediterranean recipes,
like the easy gazpacho.
And once again I’m making an Italian cheese recipe. With my sister’s favorite cheese:
I made a burrata recipe.
It may be classified as an easy italian appetizer, but I would pair it with a salad, and have a fresh, delicious lunch as well.
burrata cheese recipes
This is the perfect Italian antipasto, an authentic Italian recipe for dinner parties where your guests are cheese lovers and Italian food lovers.
- Preheat oven to 180°C-350°F.
- Clean and cut in half the tomatoes. Display them on an oven sheet (with parchment paper) and sprinkle them with 2 tablespoons of olive oil, 1 teaspoon of salt and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Bake 30-40 minutes, until you see the first crusts forming.
- Meanwhile, blend the burrata with 3 tablespoons of olive oil and a teaspoon of salt, until you get a smooth cream.
- Slice the baguette 1.5 inches (4 cm) high.
- When the oven roasted tomatoes are done, toast the bread slices until crispy and lightly brown (about 4 minutes).
- Finally, spread the burrata cream over the bread slices, add a spoonful of oven roasted tomatoes and garnish with pansies.
more Italian appetizers recipes:
- talking about bruschetta… go for healthy kale!
- talking about summer: try matching ham and figs!
- talking about other delicious Italian cheeses: how about ricotta and roasted tomatoes on your bruschetta?
enjoy your oven roasted tomatoes bruschetta