ginger, lime and mint sun tea recipe. how to make it, even if it’s easy: you just need a jar 🙂
When life gives you sun rays… You use them to cook.
I’m sun cooking ☀️.
And when life gives you a barbie exhibition, you wake up very early and be the first to enter the room.
Want to know a few fun things about Barbie?
- The first Barbie was sold for 3$. On amazon, the cheapest one I could find is around 12$.
- Barbie never got married, and never had children. She’s been totally devoted to her multidisciplinary career (180 to date).
- Barbie is also a huge melting pot: 50 nationalities :-).
- In 2004 (I was too old to know) Barbie and Ken broke up for a while. Barbie had an affair with a blond surfer, named Blaine (want to see the breakup and laugh hysterically? click here).
- On 2010, Vogue Italy published the Barbie issue.
- I have 5 collectible Barbies. After the exhibition I entered my frightening cupboard and placed them where they belong to: my home office (yes, the one I share with Smeagol the beagle). Scarlett, even if she inappropriately lost a shoe a long time ago, is my favorite.
One question for you: have you ever read Barbie’s magazine? I’d die to have at least 1 vintage copy of it (will search the web).
the ginger and lime sun tea recipe
As anticipated, I’m sun cooking. The first recipe of the sun project is sun tea. A jar that you put outside the window for a few hours, without having to turn on the boiler.
- Half a gallon (2 lt) of water
- 6-7 sprigs of mint
- 1 lime
- 2 inches of ginger
- Slice the lime and the ginger. Place them, together with the mint sprigs, in a big jar.
- Fill it up with water, close the lid and place the jar outside, under direct sun rays.
- Wait 2 hours.
- Add a tablespoon on honey and mix. it will dissolve easily cause the tea is hot.
- Let cool at room temperature, then refrigerate for at least a couple of hours.