my shrimp burgers recipe with avocado mayo
Grilled shrimp burgers recipe: breadcrumbs, cilantro and olive oil.
Served with creamy avocado mayo.
about the shrimp burgers recipe:
First: you can prepare and refrigerate (or freeze) the shrimp burgers recipe mixture, and use it when you get back from work, tired and wandering what to have for dinner.
Second: IF you have mayo leftovers, you’ll be glad, tomorrow, when you’ll spread it in your lunch break panino, or mix it to your salad.
Third: double the shrimp burgers recipe, wrap the burgers in plastic paper individually and have a 101 lazy weekend meal ready.
Fourth: just make them… you’ll have plenty reasons to add points to this list 🙂
let’s begin with the avocado mayo recipe:
Here’s my avocado mayo recipe, the perfect condiment for the shrimp burgers recipe.
I’m not a big fan of regular mayo, so it’s easy for me to say avocado mayo is way better. And even if you’re a big mayo fan, consider that avocado mayo is quite a healthy substitution, really worth it.
Just a little cutting and blending and you’ll get the best avocado mayo of your life. You can use it on your sandwiches, bowls, baked potatoes, tacos and tortillas.
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ lemon or lime juiced
- ¼ garlic clove
- 1 bunch of basil or cilantro
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Blend all the ingredients (diced), except avocado.
- Peel and slice the avocado and add it to the rest of the ingredients. Blend again.
- Tip: If blackens a little… no problem: stir it before serving , you will get that healthy green back.
and now my shrimp burgers recipe
- 9 oz (250 gr) peeled shrimps
- ¼ garlic clove
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of red pepper
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 oz (50 gr) of breadcrumbs
- 1 bunch of fresh cilantro (or parsley or basil ;-))
- 1.5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Coarsely chop shrimps. Mill together garlic, bread (or breadcrumbs) pepper and coriander.
- Place shrimps, egg, and the spicy breadcrumbs in a bowl, add salt and a teaspoon of oil. Mix well with a wooden spoon.
- Let rest 5-10 minutes. Divide the dough in half and form two-four balls, cover them with foil and let rest in the refrigerator 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the mayonnaise.
- Form patties and grill burgers: 3-4 minutes per side on a medium heat (add 1 teaspoon of olive oil to grease the skillet).
- Ready. Serve them on soft buns, or whole wheat bread. Add the avocado mayo, lettuce and pickles.