an easy gazpacho recipe, garnished with pansies. a Spanish soup to refresh a hot summer day.
What color matches perfectly the intense purple of pansies? Red, tomato red. So I made an easy gazpacho recipe: a refreshing, delicious, raw tomato soup.
an easy gazpacho recipe, with pansies
- ½ garlic clove
- ½ red onion
- ½ cucumber
- 1 small red bell pepper or ½ a big one
- 1.7 pounds of mixed red tomatoes heirloom, cherry, salad
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar + more to garnish
- 2 tsp. of salt
- 1 tsp. of black pepper
- 1 pinch of chili
- ½ cup of water
- 1 tablespoon of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 handfuls of rustic white bread crumbs
- 20-30 edible pansies
- smoked paprika
Peel and coarsely chop garlic, onion and cucumber. Chop the red bell pepper. And cut tomatoes in half or 4 depending on their size.
Place water and all the other ingredients in a blender and pulse until creamy.
Serve in bowls, add a few (or lot – depending on your taste) drops of balsamic vinegar, sprinkle with paprika and garnish with pansies.
enjoy your easy gazpacho recipe