Hot chocolate mix recipe with gingerbread spices. Get the homemade hot chocolate mix recipe and make it for yourself or as beautiful and delicious DIY Christmas gifts!
This hot chocolate mix recipe in a jar is made with powdered milk, cornstarch (for the creaminess), and gingerbread spices.
Being a hot chocolate dry mix recipe, you can pour the powder in small jars, decorate them, and give them away as homemade Christmas gifts or favors!
Italian recipes, travel, and culture
Simposio is an independent magazine about Italy. It aims to narrate Italy, the authentic one, describing it through its cuisine, places, lifestyle, and culture.
Each issue relates to an Italian city or region, to capture its essence and immense socio-cultural heritage.
Thanks to wonkywonderful for the inspiration! I used brown sugar – to make it confectionary, I simply used a food processor.
gingerbread hot chocolate mix recipe
- 1 cup confectionary brown sugar
- 1/4 cup corn starch this is the ingredient that gives you a creamy consistency, so you may change quantities depending on your tastes
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup milk powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 Tb ground ginger
- 1/2 Tb ground cinnamon
- 1/4 Tb ground cloves
- 1/8 Tsp ground nutmeg
- optional: mini marshmallows
Mix well all the ingredients and place the hot chocolate mix in jars.
- 2 tablespoons for each cup of milk (even dairy free – I tried rice & coconut and it was super slurpy).
- Bring to a boil, constantly stirring.
- Add marshmallows or chopped hazelnuts and go back to your comfy couch.
Enjoy your gingerbread hot chocolate!