Whole roasted cauliflower recipe with oregano, capers and olives.
Reasons to make this whole roasted cauliflower:
- You leave the cauliflower whole: less work, no cutting, cleaning, etc.
- You give it a nice golden color and a wonderful smell, which makes it mouthwatering even to those affected by vegetable-phobia :-).
- You roast it: set a timer and forget about it until dinner time, which is great for workday dinners.
You can pair your whole roasted cauliflower with rice, freshly baked bread and cheese, or even a simple plate of pasta al pomodoro (tomato sauce pasta).
It also looks amazing so you can set it in the middle of your table as your #meatfreeweek centerpiece. Yes, let’s set the table like it was a dinner party, it will certainly lift up our spirits! As, to me, the whole idea of a nice centerpiece, is to place natural elements, possibly linked to what you are going to eat, this is the perfect centerpiece. If you serve it on a nice plate and leave leaves on, you have everything you need.
Depending on the size of your cauliflower you may have to cook it a little longer. Pierce it with a long skewer to check when it’s fork tender. Also, if this is the case, you might want to duplicate the seasoning, to have enough to cover the whole surface.
whole roasted cauliflower recipe
- 1 lemon juiced
- ¼ fresh red chili or 1 teaspoon of dried chili
- 1 teaspoon dried or fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon capers
- 10-12 black olives taggiasche for me!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small/medium cauliflower
Preheat oven to 180°C.
Blend all the ingredients except the cauliflower.
Place the cauliflower on a baking sheet and brush the mixture all over it.
Pour all the remaining mix over the cauliflower. Bake in the oven for 50-60 minutes (use a skewer to check if the inside is tender).
enjoy your whole roasted cauliflower recipe