Italian burger: a ground beef cheesy burger recipe with parmesan cheese and red wine jam.
Melted parmesan cheese meets tasty wine jam and ground beef. This Italian burger is “una delizia“!!!
Enjoy it with a glass of Italian red wine, like a Brunello di Montalcino – the same I used in the sauce!
- I had a Brunello di Montalcino bottle opened, so I used this delicious Tuscan wine to make my Italian burger. Remember, you should always use good wine when cooking. You’re eating, not drinking it, yes, but that doesn’t mean you don’t want good stuff inside your body. Plus, you do feel the difference in the taste of your plates.
- I also used a gourmet 36 months aged parmesan cheese.
Italian burger recipe
- 2 hamburgers plain
- 2 buns
- 1 red chili
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil one for the wine sauce and one for grilling burgers
- 1 shallot
- 1 glass good quality red wine
- 1,8 oz brown sugar 50 gr
- 2-3 slices parmesan cheese
- 1 bunch arugula leaves
Preheat oven to 200°C. Peel and slice the shallot. Cut in two the red chili and remove the seeds.
Heat the olive oil in a small pan and brown chili and shallot (about 1 minute). Remove chili, add wine and cook 1-2 minutes on a medium heat. Add sugar, stir and cook 1 minute, until you get a syrupy consistency.
Meanwhile grill burgers. When you flip them the first time, place parmesan on top of them. To easy the melt I cover them with a glass bowl.
Heat your buns in the oven for a minute.
Assemble burgers: bread, hamburger, arugula leaves, wine jam, and bread again.
Remember cooking times for regular burgers (125 gr):
- Almost raw: 2 minutes x side
- Red: 3 minutes x side
- Done: 4 minutes x side
- Well Done: 5 minutes per side
enjoy your Italian burger!