a fermented oatmeal recipe with mango & almonds
overnight oats with yogurt, with mango & walnuts
the bubble project
I gave Luca a DIY Beer kit for his birthday. That’s how the bubble project first began.
When fermentation became the main focus of my conversations, the mission was definitive.
Fermented foods are tasty, healthy and perfect for people who periodically stress their digestive systems (? :-)).
And what about spring fatigue? Fermented foods are perfect to support your body throughout the change of season.
I’m about to explore the mystical world of fermented food. First try:
a fermented oatmeal recipe
(as seen on The Kitchn).
- note: you need to overnight this recipe.
- ½ cup of oatmeal
- ½ cup of water
- 2 tsp of Greek yogurt
- ½ mango
- ½ handful of almonds
- 1 tbsp of pure maple syrup
- Place oatmeal, water and yogurt in a small bowl and mix. Cover the bowl with cheesecloth or any other kind of cloth. Fix it with twine or an elastic band. Let ferment, at room temperature, overnight.
- In the morning, peel and dice the mango and coarsely crush the almonds.
- Serve the fermented oatmeal topped with mango, almonds and maple syrup.