It’s that time of the year, the popcorn and movie nights season, and to make it just a little more special, you’ll want these 4 gourmet and homemade popcorn seasoning recipes.
Two of my homemade popcorn seasoning recipes are cheesy and savory, while the other two are sweet and creamy.
Read on for my Italian gourmet and homemade popcorn seasoning recipes:
- the olive oil and parmesan popcorn;
- the paprika and scamorza popcorn;
- the cinnamon, olive oil, and cocoa popcorn recipe;
- and the orange and condensed milk one.
If you need them, here are the instructions to cook perfect popcorn in the microwave or the stove, and my favorite tool!
how to cook popcorn
Corn is a whole grain, high in fiber and antioxidants. With very few calories.
If you want to pop those corns for your homemade popcorn seasoning recipes, you can opt between the microwave and the stove.
how to cook popcorn in a microwave
Place 2 big tablespoons of kernels into a brown bag, fold the bag twice, and microwave 2-3 minutes on HIGH.
how to pop popcorn on a stove
- Place a tablespoon of olive oil in a big pot, add 3 corn kernels and turn on the fire.
- Cover the pot and wait until the 3 kernels pop: it’s time to add all the others.
- Add enough kernels to cover the bottom of the pot.
- Every now and then, shake the pot.
- Wait until 10 seconds pass by one pop and the other.
the best stovetop popcorn popper
This tool changed my popping forever. It’s a Whirley-Pop Stovetop Popcorn Popper, it has a handle that you have to continuously spin, so every kernel gets the same amount of heat, and they all pop.
If you make a lot of popcorn and want to avoid the microwave, get yours on Amazon :-).
olive oil and parmesan popcorn recipe
- 5 oz popcorn kernels 150 gr
- 1,7 oz REAL grated parmesan cheese 50 gr
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch grated nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon of Italian extra virgin olive oil
Cook popcorn according to package directions.
Mix parmesan and dry ingredients.
Add oil and mix again.
Season popcorn and serve hot.
paprika and scamorza popcorn recipe
- 5 oz corn kernels 150 gr
- 1.7 oz scamorza cheese 50 gr
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt red Himalayan salt… why not? Iron-rich
Pop the corn kernels according to package directions.
Blend cheese and all the other dry ingredients.
Add the oil and mix very well.
orange and condensed milk popcorn
- 5.3 oz corn kernels 150 gr
- 1 oz butter 25 gr
- 1 orange juiced
- 1/2 organic orange the grated zest
- 1 pinch salt
- 1,7 oz sweetened condensed milk 50 gr
Melt the butter.
Add all the other ingredients and mix well.
Season hot popcorn.
cinnamon, olive oil & cocoa popcorn
- 5,3 oz corn kernels 150 gr
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ½ pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sugar white or brown
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin Italian olive oil or coconut oil
Pop the kernels.
Mix together dry ingredients.
Add the oil and mix.
Enjoy your homemade popcorn!