an Italian stuffing recipe: sausage & pandoro + cooking with a genius
A Thanksgiving Italian stuffing recipe for Rome based celebrations.
the Italian Thanksgiving stuffing recipe
There’s a lot of Christmas in this Italian stuffing recipe:
sausages, pandoro, olive oil…
All baked in a skillet to make your Thanksgiving dinner awesome.
- Preheat oven at 350°F.
- Peel and dice the apples, the shallots and the sausages. Peel and crush the garlic clove. Finely chop sage leaves together with walnuts.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet and brown the garlic.
- Remove the garlic. Add the shallot and brown it for a minute.
- Add the sausages and sauté, over medium/low heat, for 5 minutes.
- Add apples and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes.
- Season with a few pinches of salt.
- Remove from the fire. Add the pandoro and the walnuts.
- Stir and bake in the oven 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
about the genius
In my 2015 thankful list there’s a September day. The day I cooked with Daniele, starred chef of IL TINO.
About filming and behind the scenes I can tell you this:
- I had to repeat my presentation over and over, maybe even 50 times. I fell really clueless :-(.
- I couldn’t help myself saying cinghiale (boar) instead of guanciale, hysterical laughs would follow (mine and the troupe’s).
- My voice was so low they had to heavily turn on the volume of my microphone (coy me).
- Not having your usual tools is a torture. Cooking with professional tools has been more than a torture.
- Daniele was such a gentleman: he helped me, smiled and comforted me. And added that brulee thing to the pie which was a huge upgrade. Everything he said was cooking-manna to me.
- I was salivating for the kitchenaid mixer we used…
If you want to see me quite embarassed, but cooking with a genius: