the authentic almond granita recipe
an almond granita recipe for hot Summer days
you can make it with an ice cream maker or just a fork
We are making almond milk today (try vanilla almond milk, it’s wow!); we need it for the almond granita recipe.
That’s what my Sicilian breakfasts were all about.
The perfect summer nosh: granita e brioche.
You can choose between almond, pistachio, coffee, mulberry, lemon…
But almond is my favorite.
Back to the authentic Italian recipes.
This is going to be a very sweet almond milk… because that’s the Sicilian way,
the almond granita recipe
- Chop the almonds, place them in a cheese cloth and nod it.
- Bring water to a boil, remove from heat, insert the almond sack and infuse for 2 hours. Remove the cloth, squeezing and draining water as much as possible.
- You may have a second batch: blend ½ liter (1/8 gallon) of water + the almonds for a few minutes, maximum speed. Strain through a sieve. That’s it.
- Add sugar and mix (hand blender, for best results). Refrigerate and serve cold.
- To make granita simply add the almond milk to your ice cream maker and in 20-30 minutes you will have perfect granita. Freeze until time to serve.
- No ice cream maker? Pour the almond milk in a low aluminum recipient and place it in the freezer. Every 30 minutes, grate it with a fork. Repeat until you get to the final delicious result.
enjoy your refreshing almond granita